We’re passionate about everything we do.
myenergi is a rapidly growing energy-sector start-up based in North-East Lincolnshire. The company designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs over 100 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing and finance. A new headquarters building is currently under construction which, when complete, will house all the company’s activities in a new, purpose-built facility at Stallingborough near Grimsby.
Due to the continued growth and development, we are looking for an Business Intelligence Manager.
- Build and lead our business intelligence function across UK, Germany, Netherlands and beyond as we continue to grow
- Own our BI stack, helping to define the tools and technology used to run and interact with our data, and ultimately democratising data for every function at myenergi
- Build the foundation to drive a data-led understanding of our customers and their behaviour
- Work with marketing, engineering, commercial, operational and finance teams on tracking core KPIs
- Work with analysts and data scientists across the business to ensure data accuracy, build easy to understand visualisation, and drive actionable insight for the business
- Driving insight and identifying opportunities from our data, to help build the solutions we offer to our customers
Qualifications and Experience:
Independent leader, ready to build our BI structure, with best practices and scalability front of mind
- Commercial thinker, with the ability to generate busienss value out of data
- Critical thinker, confident to transform our data and information into structured and automated systems and reporting Ambitious mindset, looking to develop and grow as the business grows, and someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, startup environment
- Collaborator, engaging with colleagues across every area of the business on a daily basis
- Detail-oriented, with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- Passionate, caring about the environment, interested in energy technology and aligned with what we’re trying to achieve as a business.
- BSC or higher in computer science, engineering, information systems or another highly quantitative field
- Advanced SQL skills
- Proven track record of leading a BI team from the ground-up, preferably in a startup role
- Expert knowledge of BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, PowerBI or similar
- Experience working with ETL and Datalakes. We currently do not have anything in place, however our hosting is with AWS, so comfort within that ecosystem would be preferable
- Experience in the energy industry is preferred, but not necessary
Job Type: Full-time