Headline description of role:
Reports to: Business IT & Information Manager
myenergi is a rapidly growing energy-sector start-up based in North-East Lincolnshire. The company designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs around 200 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing, and finance. A new headquarters has been built in Stallingborough with another building to follow.
(Functional and managerial responsibilities)
All Business IT & Data Administration, including:
- Managing Stock control and the asset register to make sure it is up to date and accurate
- Following internal IT policies such as creating new/ leaving users, new equipment purchases, Acceptable usage policy and external remote access.
- Liaising with external contractors for quotes and purchases. Also working alongside for IT support queries.
- Purchasing equipment following department budgets and liaising with procurement to confirm delivery of item(s)
- Storing data correctly and understanding how to manage sensitive data.
- Assisting with IT related projects and working towards leading certain projects.
- Monitoring and supporting security systems at myenergi. Providing reporting, applying fixes, remediating security risks, and communicating security threats constantly with the IT Manager
- Monitoring the onsite infrastructure performing daily light checks, temperature checks and panel checks.
- Providing onsite support at all sites where required which may include travelling between sites.
- Supporting and maintaining myenergi’s IT Systems, providing patches, troubleshooting, and applying fixes.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficient with MS office suite such as word, excel and outlook
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- 1+ years in 1st Line support
- Full Driving License
- Knowledge of WAN and LAN connections
- Knowledge and experience of troubleshooting internal network issues and making changes to the networking infrastructure
- Experience with 1st line support for end users such as internet, hardware, and software issues.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying security threats and remediating threats.
- Knowledge and experience with telephone systems including hunt groups, pickup groups and auto attend.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,000 – £20,000 per annum.