We’re passionate about everything we do.
Are you passionate about creating the software that is at the centre of the connected energy future? Then there’s a place waiting for you at myenergi!
myenergi is a rapidly growing energy-sector start-up based in North-East Lincolnshire. The company designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs over 100 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing and finance. A new headquarters building is currently under construction which, when complete, will house all the company’s activities in a new, purpose-built facility at Stallingborough near Grimsby.
Due to the continued growth and development, we are looking for our Development Lead.
Someone who knows how to design cutting edge cloud based software solutions, integrating with real world devices to not just monitor but control the smart home of the future. A skilled practitioner you will be instrumental in the creation of the Software Engineering function within myenergi.
Your responsibilities include:
– Taking a lead on solution design
– Coaching and progressing junior members of staff
– Set out the strategic vision for Software, with the Director of Software Engineering and senior Technology staff
– Work with outsourced providers to ensure that delivered solutions fit within our strategic vision.
But most importantly, ensuring that our software provides our customers with an excellent experience
Software Engineering practices and principles, including:
· Ensuring that all software is designed and developed with an understanding of modern best practice.
· Set down and implement the strategic vision for software development.
· Work with outsourced providers to ensure that delivered solutions fit within our strategic vision.
Coaching and teamwork:
· Line manage, support and train Software Developers to implement the strategic vision.
· Coach team members in modern best practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience of a senior Software Development role, as a team lead or an Architect.
· Solution design and implementation – across multiple projects and with complex requirements.
· Detailed knowledge of Cloud Native applications, with experience working with distributed service architectures.
· Worked closely with the wider business to enable Product and Strategy teams to build roadmaps.
· Having worked within an Agile environment.
As a practitioner you will also have experience of:
· Modern higher level programming languages. Ideally compiled and scripted.
· Containerised software development and deployment.
· Test Driven Development.
· Relational database design
· CI/CD Pipelines.
· Version Control (ideally GIT).
It would also be good if you had experience of:
· Information security best practices.
· An understanding of cloud hosting environments.
As the Development Lead you will interact with members of the myenergi team at all levels. You will need to be a good communicator, equally comfortable speaking directly with Engineering and outsource technical partners as providing reports to the Board
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £65,000.00 per year