Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we’re now looking to recruit an Engineering Director to lead our engineering team
and shape the future of our technical development – expanding our product range, capabilities and geographic coverage. You will be responsible for all aspects electronics, firmware and mechanical engineering development from early R&D and product prototyping through to transfer to manufacture and ongoing product.
The successful candidate will be a Chartered Engineer with extensive experience in electronics design and manufacture and a strong track record in leading and developing high performing engineering teams.
• Leadership of the Engineering Team (currently 20 engineers and technicians).
• Lead the design and development of products to agreed timescales, budgets, and quality.
• This role will act as a senior position within the business, you will be mentoring and managing a rapidly growing Engineering team, including both Senior and Junior Engineers covering electronics hardware, mechanical design and firmware development.
• Effectively translating concepts into commercial products, working closely with the Products, Sales and Marketing, Production Departments and Customer/Technical Support Departments.
• An ambassador for myenergi, representing us on Industry groups, standards committees and Government consultations.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Chartered Electrical Engineer.
• Extensive experience in electronics design, ideally for application in consumer products – including design for EMC, embedded C, RTOS, secure communications (TLS, Certificate Management).
• Proven leadership, mentoring, staff development and project management experience.
• Experience in leading the full product development lifecycle in a lead system, electronics, or embedded role.
• Detailed knowledge of appropriate engineering standards and their application.
• Application of appropriate Quality Management Systems for engineering product development and certification.
• Passionate about engineering – an active member of the IET.
• Always striving for engineering excellence to ensure myenergi products are exciting and industry leading.
• Possess a flare for innovation.
• Able to set clear objectives and use these to stretch and develop your engineering team.
• Believe in a better, greener future and want to play a role in making it happen sooner.
• A great communicator – both oral and written.
• Positive attitude; desire to make a real different and willing to tackle big challenges.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
What myenergi offer you: