myenergi is a rapidly growing energy-sector start-up based in North-East Lincolnshire. The company designs and manufactures consumer products which enable households to monitor and manage the daily electricity flows within their premises. The company currently employs around 90 staff engaged in product development, manufacturing, customer support, sales, marketing and finance. A new headquarters building is currently under construction which, when complete, will house all the company’s activities in a new, purpose-built facility at Stallingborough near Grimsby.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we are looking for a Head of Software Engineering. You will be responsible for all software development – working with our existing software development partners and establishing the myenergi in house software development capability – covering everything from the myenergi app and customer account to the systems that will support scheduling of electric loads and the future smart grid.
• Lead the design and development of software platforms and solutions to agreed timescales, budgets, and quality.
• This role will act as a senior position within the business, you will be mentoring and managing the Software Engineering team and will be responsible for defining and establishing the software development standards, processes and supporting systems.
• Effectively translating concepts into commercial products with your team. • Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams across the business to the myenergi software products and solutions.
• Establish and act as line manager for the Software Engineering team.
• Proven software project management experience / proven experience in taking a lead role in Agile project management
• Experience in leading the full software development lifecycle in a lead development role.
• Experience managing a software development team. • Experienced in working with cloud platforms – AWS preferred. Understanding of Dev Op desirable. • An excellent academic record with a good university degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
• Always striving for software engineering excellence to ensure myenergi software products and solutions are industry leading.
• Possess a flare for innovation.
• Believe in a better, greener future and want to play a role in making it happen sooner.
If you are talented, inquisitive and ambitious, then please apply with an up to date CV and we will be in touch
We are an equal opportunities employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £65,000.00-£85,000.00 per year