Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we’re now looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineer (PCBA) is responsible for defining and engineering the process, process control, NPI, continuous improvement and problem solving in the PCBA (SMT & TH) assembly area inclusive of the product, equipment, process and facilities engineering functions to ensure that manufacturing can produce product correctly engineered, on-time and in the most cost-efficient manner while adhering to quality standards & with consideration given to human resource, health and safety and budgetary criteria.
The incumbent is a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
(Functional and managerial responsibilities)
- To be the specialist manufacturing engineering of the PCBA process, responsible for:
- Manufacturing and test process design: Engineers and designs effective manufacturing assembly and test processes, ensuring that processes, machines and equipment performance targets are achieved and exceeding expectations in a demanding customer focused environment.
- Definition of manufacturing process control: Ensures the highest levels of product quality, delivery performance, customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness and safety by implementing process control. Controls production standards (including quality, safety & performance standards).
- Management of new product introduction to manufacturing and associated process and product validation.
- Manufacturing support and resolving issues in production.
- Continuous improvement (processes, quality, cost, efficiency, etc.): Creates action plans and delegates initiatives to challenge the team to achieve excellence and seek continuous improvement of manufacturing systems and processes to attain Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Conducting research on new ways to manufacture: Provides manufacturing solutions to increase the bottom line profitability of operations (production processes, work methods, materials flow, workflow, people skills, and productivity).
- Selecting, designing and installing manufacturing equipment: Reviews and recommends capital and operational improvements to minimize cost variances and build manufacturing budget objectives.
- Reviewing quality standards.
- Collaborating with other internal departments: Contributes to a positive team environment within the organization. Sustains a harmonious working relationship with all inputs/functional areas to Production Assembly Operations including Supply Chain, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Project Engineering, Human Resources, Finance, etc.
- Developing detailed layouts for equipment and processes
- Maintaining process and product database
- Training and developing staff
- Health, safety and environmental engineering.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification with a related discipline (Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineering, Industrial Management) from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Technical training on electronic process and equipment.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role in the electronics industry.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes including all aspects of electronics through hole and surface mount technology (SMT) processes.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word & Excel) software package and e-mail systems& ability to read engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Quality controls systems operation experience, specifically ISO9001 and (would be also good) ISO14001, OHSAS18001 or ISO45001 and IATF16949.
- Ability to create and maintain a strong continuous improvement culture throughout the production facility and initiate corrective action in a positive manner.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing techniques and Kanban programs.
- Team player who can sustain harmonious working relationships with all inputs to Production including Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Sales, Engineering, etc.
- Fluent English both in oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral) abilities. Must have the ability to interact with various levels of management and staff within the organization.
- Strong organizational/time management skills in this fast paced environment.
- Analytical problem solving skills and results oriented management philosophy; a problem solver.
- Proven supplier and customer orientation, both internal and external.
- A self-starter with a highly energetic, results oriented work style, a dynamic “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of occupational health and safety and its implementation
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40K-£45K per annum.