Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we’re now looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for engineering the design, process control, NPI, continuous improvement and daily support management of the production assembly operations inclusive of the product, equipment, process and facilities engineering functions to produce product on-time and in the most cost-efficient manner while adhering to quality standards & with consideration given to human resource, health and safety and budgetary criteria. The incumbent is a key member of the Operations Management team.
(Functional and managerial responsibilities)
- To lead and manage the manufacturing engineering department in:
- Manufacturing and test process design: Provides manufacturing solutions to increase the bottom line profitability of operations (production processes, work methods, materials flow, workflow, people skills, and productivity).
- Reviews and recommends capital and operational improvements to minimize cost variances and build manufacturing budget objectives.
- Manufacturing process control: Controls production standards (including quality, safety &performance standards).
- New product introduction to manufacturing by working in partnership with the design engineering teams.
- Manufacturing support and resolving issues in production
- Continuous improvement (processes, quality, cost, efficiency, etc.): Creates action plans and delegates initiatives to challenge the team to achieve excellence and seek continuous improvement of manufacturing systems and processes to attain Total Customer Satisfaction.
- Conducting research on new ways to manufacture.
- Calculating and reviewing production and material costs.
- Selecting, designing and installing manufacturing equipment.
- Reviewing quality standards adhering to ISO9001 and ISO14001 quality management systems.
- Collaborating with other internal departments: Contributes to a positive team environment within the organization. Sustains a harmonious working relationship with all inputs/functional areas to Production Assembly Operations including Supply Chain, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Project Engineering, Human Resources, Finance, etc.
- Facilities engineering: Developing detailed layouts for equipment and processes: Develops and implements plant operating plans and continual improvement projects consistent with the business strategic direction (capacity planning, efficiencies, labour strategies, productivity improvement).
- Maintaining process and product database.
- Training staff as required across the organization.
- Health, safety and environmental engineering: Maintains effective employee relations and plant health and safety, and provides “hands on” direction to staff by “walking the floor”.
- Monitors and measures the performance of staff by establishing realistic departmental goals and objectives. Motivates staff by providing timely and accurate feedback, dealing with situations fairly, consistently, and according to company policy. Conducts formal annual performance evaluations of staff.
- Contribute to a positive team environment within the organization.
- Participates as an active member of the senior management team.
- Prepares and presents reports to the management group, as appropriate.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Operations Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualification with a related discipline (Manufacturing Engineering Management, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Management) from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Financial management understanding as it relates to manufacturing.
- Technical training on electronic process and equipment.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role in the electronics industry.
- Leadership training.
- At least 3 years in a management/leadership capacity (multiple reporting preferred) including financial responsibility and a successful operations track record.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes including all aspects of electronics throughhole and surface mount technology (SMT) processes.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word & Excel) software package and e-mail systems & ability to read engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Quality controls systems operation experience, specifically ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 orISO45001 and (would be good) IATF16949.
- Ability to create and maintain a strong continuous improvement culture throughout the production facility and initiate corrective action in a positive manner.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing techniques and Kanban programs.
- Good business acumen combined with demonstrated sense of urgency. Strong organizational skills–able to organize or schedule people to tasks, develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Reasonable understanding of basic financial and operational processes with previous responsibility for financial budget and spend combined with a proven track record of engineering tangible operating results.
- Team player who can sustain harmonious working relationships with all inputs to Production including Supply Chain, Production, Quality, Sales, Engineering, etc.
- Fluent English both in oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral) abilities. Must have the ability to interact with various levels of management and staff within the organization.
- Strong organizational/time management skills in this fast paced environment.
- Analytical problem solving skills and results oriented management philosophy; a problem solver.
- Proven supplier and customer orientation, both internal and external.
- A self-starter with a highly energetic, results oriented work style, a dynamic “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of occupational health and safety and its implementation
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £45-£55K per annum.