Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we’re now looking to recruit a Quality Engineer.
(Functional and managerial responsibilities)
Implement and maintain quality systems, policies, and procedures in full conformance with ISO9001 and ISO14001 working standards, as well as TS16949.
- Initiate standards of quality and develop policies that maintain high standards of quality while maintaining profitability.
- Assist and support the coordination and development of Quality Systems and Standards with myenergi. Integrates the Quality systems and Standards consistently within all myenergi facilities.
- Responsible for supplier quality and failure analysis functions.
- Plan and implement new products, equipment and advanced control and prevention methods in accordance with reliability and quality plans. Work closely with Engineering and Program Managers on the implementation of new projects and infrastructures including operational readiness, change preparation, change execution, and post-change QA validation.
- Manage comprehensive statistical quality program. Analyse quality performance indicators and metrics to identify trends and improvements.
- Administer a total quality cost evaluation and reporting system.
- Solve and track problems pro-actively with all stakeholders and escalate major issues in a timely manner.
- Analyse quality performance indicators to identify trends and initiate improvements. Pro-actively champions quality initiatives across the organization.
- Review and recommend change to all systems, policies and procedures as required to enhance the mission of the organization.
- Liaise with customers regarding any quality issues. Prepare and present quality information on all existing and potential new products as required internally and by externally for customers and suppliers.
- Monitor and measure the performance of the quality department by establishing realistic goals and objectives. Motivate staff by providing timely and accurate feedback, dealing with situations fairly, consistently, and according to company policy.
- Participate as an active member of the operations management team. Prepares and presents reports to the management group.
- Contribute to a positive team environment within the myenergi organisation.
- Other responsibilities, functions, duties, and projects as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or diploma specialising in Quality Engineering or a related discipline, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum 5 years of quality engineering experience or supplier quality management experience.
- Prior experience in mechanical, electronics manufacturing environment, particularly automotive is preferred.
- Prior involvement in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a Quality Assurance System, preferably ISO9001 & additionally IATF16949 audit certificates and on-site experience is essential.
- Extensive supplier auditing capabilities and problem solving at supplier experience end is a must.
- Prior experience in solving major quality problems with an automotive approach and being the main driver of the required corrective actions.
- SPC, PPAP, MSA, PFMEA, APQP Quality tools & QC7 methods etc. Six sigma and Lean application experience
Would be advantageous:
- Must have knowledge / certification of IPC A-610
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office software package, good analytical ability.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English at an advanced level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (presenting and interfacing) skills.
- Team player able to proactively suggest solutions meeting the needs of both engineering and production.
- A self-motivated, professional, and confident attitude.
- The ability to persuade and influence colleagues to achieve quality and cost improvements.
- Team player with the ability to be proactive in stressful situations, able to propose creative solutions.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30-£35K per annum DOE
What myenergi offer you:
- Free charging of electric vehicles on site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let’s be there for each other
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Employee Empowerment
- Free onsite parking
- Positive working environment