Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to a very exciting stage of growth and development, we’re now looking to recruit a Quality Manager who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a quality system in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Implement and maintain quality systems, policies and procedures in full conformance with ISO9001 and ISO14001 working standards and working towards IATF16949 and ISO45001 quality management systems.
- Initiate standards of quality and develop policies that maintain high standards of quality while maintaining profitability.
- Assist and support the coordination and development of Quality Systems and Standards within myenergi. Integrates the Quality systems and Standards consistently across all myenergi facilities.
- Responsible for document control, supplier quality and failure analysis functions.
- Plan and implement new products, equipment and advanced control and prevention methods in accordance with reliability and quality plans. Work closely with Engineering and Project Managers on the implementation of new projects and infrastructures including APQP, operational readiness, change preparation, change execution, and post-change QA validation.
- Administer a total quality cost evaluation and reporting system.
- Solve and track problems pro-actively with all stakeholders (internal and external) and escalates major issues in a timely manner.
- Manage a comprehensive statistical quality program. Collate, publish and analyse quality performance indicators to identify trends and initiate improvements. Pro-actively champions quality initiatives across the organization.
- Review and recommend change to all systems, policies and procedures as required to either enhance the mission of the organization or maintain compliance.
- Communicate closely with internal and external customers to satisfy expectations and act as the “voice of the customer”.
- Prepare and present quality information on all existing and potential new products as required internally and by externally for customers and suppliers.
- Monitor and measure the performance of the quality department by establishing realistic goals and objectives. Motivate staff by providing timely and accurate feedback, dealing with situations fairly, consistently and according to company policy. Conduct annual performance evaluations of all department staff.
- Participate as an active member of the operations management team. Prepare and presents reports to the management group.
- Contribute to a positive team environment within the myenergi organization.
- Other commensurate responsibilities, functions, duties and projects as assigned by the Operations Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree / Diploma in Quality, Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Manufacturing or a related discipline, from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Six Sigma Certification would be desirable
- Ideally accredited and certified to IPC-A-610
- Previous experience in a similar Quality Manager’s role in the electronics manufacturing industry.
- Previous progressive and professional experience in various quality management functions, most recently in a leadership capacity leading a Quality Team.
- Previous experience in a medium-high volume manufacturing environment, preferably electronics and electro-mechanical products and automotive industry exposure.
- Excellent understanding of electronics manufacturing processes including all aspects of through hole, surface mount technology (SMT), assembly and test processes.
- Prior experience and responsibility for the implementation and continuous improvement of a quality systems such as TS16949, ISO9001 and ISO14000.
- Especially understanding in the requirements of TS16949 automotive standard.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word & Excel) software package and e-mail systems & ability to read engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Proven experience in application of manufacturing process controls, statistical control methods (SPC) and database management. Must be experienced with 6-sigma, LEAN and Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Team player who can sustain harmonious working relationships with all inputs to Quality including Customers, Suppliers, Supply Chain, Production, Sales, Engineering, etc. to pro-actively support quality initiatives across the organization. Superior team building skills in resolving quality issues and involving relevant staff within manufacturing operations.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication (written and oral) abilities. Must have the ability to interact with various levels of management and staff within the organization and externally with customers.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good organization skills, time management skills, and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment handling multiple projects in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and results oriented management philosophy; a problem solver.
- Proven customer orientation, both internal and external.
- A self-starter with a highly energetic, results oriented work style, a dynamic “can do” attitude.
Strong understanding of occupational health and safety and its implementation
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience.
What myenergi offer you:
- Free charging of electric vehicles on site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let’s be there for each other
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Employee Empowerment
- Free onsite parking
- Positive working environment