Job Title: Shift Manager
Reporting to: Production Manager
As a Shift Manager you will know how to work at pace. It’s ultimately your responsibility to manage our Production Team and Warehouse Colleagues to ensure our products go out on time and we meet deadlines. You will also manage absence and the planning of shifts to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Lead the Shift team to meet & exceed productivity, operating cost, customer service and quality target levels.
- Report in a timely manner any machinery down time and ensure all equipment is in a serviceable state
- Planning, organising rotating shifts
- Day to day running of all shop floor activities
- Hold one to one meetings/team meetings
- Be able to conduct a Risk Assessment
- Be able to discipline employees/advise corrective action
- Ensure the products are manufactured correctly
- General housekeeping including tidiness, cleanliness of areas
Qualities and skills required.
- Management skills and ideally some previous management experience
- Able to operate in fast paced environment.
- Good Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Able to forward think and plan