Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
We’re passionate about everything we do.
Are you passionate about creating the software that is at the centre of the connected energy future? Then there’s a place waiting for you at myenergi!
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company with it’s HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of groundbreaking renewable-energy technology products.
Due to the continued growth and development, we are looking for talented Developers to join our team. Someone with a passion for cutting edge cloud based software solutions, integrating with real world devices to not just monitor but control the smart home of the future. A skilled practitioner you will be instrumental in the creation of the Software Engineering function within myenergi.
Your responsibilities include:
– Participating in solution design
– Supporting and coaching your peers.
– Implement the strategic vision for Software.
– Work with directly with outsourced providers to deliver solutions.
But most importantly, ensuring that our software provides our customers with an excellent experience
(Functional and managerial responsibilities)
Software Engineering practices and principles, including:
• Develop software with an understanding of modern best practice.
• Inform and implement the strategic vision for software development.
• Work with outsourced providers to ensure that delivered solutions fit within our strategic vision. We operate an augmented team approach to outsourcing
Coaching and teamwork:
• Support peer Software Developers to implement the strategic vision.
• Coach team members in modern best practices.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• An understanding of solution design and implementation.
• Basic knowledge of Cloud Native applications, with an ability to describe the basic principles and concepts.
• An understanding of Agile Software Development.
It would be nice (but not essential) if you also have experience of:
• Containerised software development and deployment.
• Test Driven Development.
• Relational database design
• CI/CD Pipelines.
• Version Control (ideally GIT).
• Information security best practices.
• An understanding of cloud hosting environments.
As a Developer you will interact with members of the myenergi team across the business. You will need to be a good communicator, comfortable speaking directly with Engineering and outsource technical partners
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £55K dependent on experience.
What myenergi offer you: