The protection of your personal information is important to us. We respect your privacy and want you to understand what we do with the information we hold about you. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
If we update this notice, we will post any changes on our website so that you’ll always know how your personal information is being used or shared.
Who’s responsible for your data?
In this document “we” and “myenergi” refer to myenergi Ireland.
myenergi is the “data controller” for your personal data. This means we have legal responsibility for how we collect and handle your data.
How to contact us
You can contact us in writing at:
- myenergi Ireland
- 1a Maple Drive,
- F94 NP
- +353 12 003003
Alternatively you can email us at Ireland.admin or send a message through the “contact us” page on our web site here
1 Your personal information
1.2 What is personal information and what is processing of personal information?
Personal information (or data) is any information relating to you and that alone or together with other pieces of information gives the person that collects and processes such information the opportunity to identify you as a person. It can be your name, some form of identification number, your location data, or information related to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social life.
Processing of the information means any action with your personal data, for example, collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, use or disclosure by any means
1.2 What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you when you purchase or use myenergi services or products:
- Contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account or order.
- myenergi account details when you create a myenergi account, and when you download and use the myenergi app you will be asked to register your devices with us and create an account. The information includes your myenergi hub serial number, your password and the hub name, but may also include your contact details, such as your name, address and email address.
- Transaction information: records of the products and services you purchase from us.
- Payment information: credit/debit card details and bank account details you provide to make payment for the products and services you purchase from us.
- Delivery information: information relating to the delivery of our products to you.
- Installation and service history: records relating to the installation of our products at your home or property and information relating to the servicing of that product.
- Device information: information about the smartphones, mobiles, computers or other electronic devices you connect to our products, your account, our website or myenergi app, such as details about the type of device (which can include real-time usage information, unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, the browser you use and applications on the device that connect to our products and services. It can also include details of your internet service provider, mobile network and your IP address.
- Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions: we keep records of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competition or promotion we run.
- Records of your discussions with our customer support teams: when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails, phone our customer service team or contact us through social media such as through Twitter or our Facebook page. We may also monitor and record our phone calls with you to make sure we are living up to the standards we want, as well as relevant laws and regulations.
- How you use myenergi products: we will collect information about how you are using myenergi products and services and their performance.
- How you use the myenergi account, app and our website: when you use the myenergi account, app or our website we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them.
- Location information: we will collect information about your exact location when you choose to share that with us. For example, you may set up your myenergi app to change settings when you are home, to do this you will need to share the location of your mobile device with us.
- Your energy supplier: we may keep records of which energy supplier providers energy to your home.
- Any energy aggregator that you have separately engaged with: if you engage with an energy aggregator in order to sell excess energy to them, they may provide information to us so that we can monitor and administer the service.
- Your vehicle: we may record the make and manufacturer of your vehicle(s).
You are not required to provide any of the personal information described above to us, however, if you do not do so, you may not be able to use our products and services or the functionality of our products may be reduced.
1.3 What do we use your personal information for?
It’s important that you understand what we do with the data that we hold about you.
|Purpose||Personal information used|
|Provide our services to you and maintain your myenergi account||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Take payment for our products and services||Transaction and payment information|
|Deliver products to you||Delivery information|
|Answer your queries or complaints||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Maintain and improve our products and services||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Data analytics and statistical research to help us better understand how our products are used and make suggestions and recommendations to you about the use of our products||
|Staff training||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Develop new products and services||All the personal information we collect (*)|
|Determine products and services that may be of interest to you||All personal information we collect (*)|
|Direct marketing||Contact details, your energy supplier, energy aggregator and your vehicle, products and services that we have determined may be of interest to you|
|Validating referral scheme applications||Contact details|
|Investigating misuse of your account, fraud and debt collection||All the personal information we collect|
(*) Does not include your payment information
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we hold (so that it does not directly identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps and products and developing new products and services.
1.4 How do we collect your personal data?
We will collect personal information from a number of sources. These include the following:
- Directly from you: for example, when you create your myenergi account with us, purchase products and services from us, complete forms we provide to you, enter our competitions and promotions, contact us by phone, email or communicate with us directly in some other way.
- Our website, app, myenergi account and myenergi products: provide us with information about how you use them and the devices in your home that you connect to them.
- Other companies we work with: provide us with information to help us deliver our products and services to you or with whom you interact and provide you services direct and certain information of which is made available through your myenergi account, our website and/or app, and to understand you better.
- Installers and service engineers: who will provide us with information about the installation and maintenance of myenergi products.
1.5 How do we protect your personal information?
We take technical and organizational measures to ensure the personal information is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of information, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. For example:
- We make sure that access to our systems containing personal information is only allowed to our employees if they have a genuine business reason for accessing that data.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, app or your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Where we share personal information outside myenergi, for instance as part of a research project, then the data is anonymised before it is shared with the project partners.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, app or your account; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
1.6 Who do we share your personal information with?
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Other companies’ apps and products: for the purpose of providing our apps, products & services.
- Installers and service engineers: so that they can book appointments with you and provide installation and product maintenance services.
- Delivery companies: to deliver products that you have ordered from us.
- Other service providers and advisors: such as companies that support our IT, help us analyse the data we hold, process payments, send communications to our customers, provide us with legal or financial advice and generally help us deliver our services to you.
- Market research: occasionally we may ask our market research partners to contact our customers to help us find out how to improve our products and services.
- Third Party Partners: Where you have specifically allowed us to share your personal data with this party, for instance, in order to take part in a research project, where you have agreed that your myenergi products can be connected with another company’s products or services, where such company with connected products and services wants to understand the use of their connected products and services, or where you have separately entered into a contract with another company and you agree that certain information may be shared with them.
- The Government or regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations.
- Police and law enforcement: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, business or asset sale, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as detailed above. We may provide third parties with aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of our products and services but we will make sure no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
Under no circumstances will we disclose data to third parties not specified here for advertising purposes.
1.7 Transferring your personal data internationally
We generally store personal information collected in the otherwise process personal information within the European Economic Area (EEA), but the personal information we process may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the United Kingdom and the EEA in the circumstances set out below. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice.
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
1.8 How long do we keep personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you have an account with us to meet our contractual obligations to you. After you close your account with us we will keep your personal information for six years to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings and where we are required to do so by law for the period required by such law.
2.1 Direct Marketing
In accordance with the marketing preferences you set when creating your myenergi account or that you set with us a later date, we may contact you by email, push notification via the myenergi app, text, mail or phone with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in. These may include our own products and services, or those of our strategic partners.
If you tell us not to email, send push notifications, mail or phone you with direct market we won’t contact you in that way. You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails we send to you.
2.2 Advertising on other websites and apps
We work with our advertising agencies to show you advertising about our products and services on websites or apps that you visit, at a time and in manner that we feel is relevant to you. To do this, our advertising agencies use anonymised information about the websites, apps, social media content and ads you interact with or view when connected to the Internet, to make sure the advertising you see is more relevant to you. The techniques our advertising agencies use (to determine what advertising to show you), recognise the device you are using but are not aimed at you as a named individual. Typically, cookies and similar technologies are used to target this type of advertising, read more in ‘Cookies’ Section.
3 Service notifications
The myenergi app will send service notifications by email, or directly to your device through the app, when we have something important or interesting to make you aware of or you have asked to be notified about certain events relating to your myenergi products.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web or app session and expire when you close your browser or exit the app. Others are used to remember you when you return to the site, app or your account and will last for longer.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
4.3 Types of cookies we use
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our site, app and your account and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
|Cookie||Name||Purpose and lawful basis||More information|
|Analytical/performance||Facebook Custom Audience||To deliver ads to website visitors on Facebook based on their previous visits. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||This cookie enables us to pair visitors’ information with visitors’ Facebook profile, in order to target particular groups of users on Facebook.|
|Analytical/performance||Google Analytics||To track and report on the performance of the website. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||Analytics is a web analytics service collecting information on how visitors interact with website content, such as pages visited.|
|Analytical/Performance||Hotjar||To track, obtain user feedback for the purpose of improvement to the website. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||This is a web analytics tool collecting information on how visitors interact with website content, such as pages visited.|
|Targeting||Google Tag Manager||To track and report on the performance of the website and to allow us to control other third-party services on our website. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||This cookie provides a central tool to manage various marketing tags, which monitor visitors and their behaviour on the website.|
|Targeting||LinkedIn Analytics||To track how many clicks on Linkedin ads convert on the website. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||Enables visitors to engage with us via LinkedIn and show visitors relevant ads and personalised content on LinkedIn.|
|Targeting||Mailchimp||To integrate with our email marketing software for the purpose of email registration to our mailing lists. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||Enables automated email responses and communications for status updates related to my account and online purchases.|
|Targeting||Createsend||Used to send marketing emails to those who have subscribed to a myenergi service or entered a website competition. The lawful basis for this cookie is consent.||A tool that enables mass/group email communications to be sent for marketing purposes.|
5 Child safety
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us. The site, app and your account are intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. By using the site, app and your account, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are under the age of 18, you confirm you have received permission from your parent or guardian before using any of the above or sending us personal information. If you are under the age of 18 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information.
6 Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you; and
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws.
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time within your account.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out at the top of this notice.
We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.