myenergi is a young, progressive, innovative and fast-growing company, currently based in the Lincolnshire Wolds, specialising in the design and manufacture of renewable-energy based products.
- Be at the forefront of the development of green energy self-consumption
- Opportunity to be part of the growth of a new exciting company
- Staff are encouraged to develop their strengths, and recognise their achievements
- Supportive structure for career advancement
About the Job
As a business, we are committed to providing our employees with a challenging and engaging working environment encouraging creativity and forward thinking. As the business continues to evolve, we are now able to offer the position of Procurement Manager. This role presents a great opportunity for someone who wants to influence and make a difference.
Reporting to the Operatons Director, you will:
- Identify new suppliers and nurture relationships with new and existing suppliers to get the very best prices without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Develop and implement strategic direction for improvements including efficiencies, procuring and maintaining stock levels.
- Negotiate with shipping agents and suppliers for better terms e.g. credit limits, delivery terms.
- Develop new or improved systems and procedures to bring about efficiencies.
- Ensure replenishment is set up to maximize efficiency/availability. (JIT)
- Negotiate excellent prices, new rebate agreements, delivery times etc from suppliers to potentially grow spend.
- Monitor KPI’s and regular reporting to the management team being accountable for results.
- Produce accurate forecasts to reflect trends and seasonality.
- Work closely with other internal operational areas for better stock rotation, improved stockholding and target overstocks.
- Implement supplier approval and monitoring measures and ensure suppliers have appropriate and necessary accreditation.
- Act as a member of the senior management team contributing to wider strategic debates and organisational direction.
Key skills/competences required for this role include:
- At least 2 years in a relevant procurement role
- Experience of working with an international company
- Wider experience of working with senior management teams
- Sourcing products in the UK, Europe and the Far East
- Understanding of import processes
- Procurement experience within the Electronics industry preferable
- Appropriate procurement qualification or membership of CIPS preferable
We are an equal opportunities employer
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Want to make a difference?