‘We’re dreaming of a Green Christmas’, so we are launching a seasonal campaign encouraging Lincolnshire residents to go green and shop local. Our ‘12 days of Giveaways’ initiative, begins tomorrow (Wednesday 1 December) until Sunday 12 December and aims to shed light on the environmental impacts of Christmas consumerism.
Championing boutique regional retailers, we will be giving away a wide variety of prizes from acclaimed independent businesses across the county. To be in with a chance of winning, simply head over to our Facebook or Instagram channel at 8am each morning, throughout the campaign, ‘like’ and ‘follow’ both the myenergi page and local business page and leave a comment tagging a friend.
All winners will be unveiled during a video announcement (Sunday 12 December, 8pm), with prizes delivered in time for Christmas. From cinema tickets and jewellery, to art, home accessories, flowers and even holidays, prizes have been sourced from the following 25 local businesses:
- Daniella Draper
- Docks Beers
- Nuf’s Kitchen
- Sugar So Sweet
- Ebb + Flo
- Pin Gin
- OH MY!
- Fran Young
- Hobo & Co.
- De Lovely
- Holidays by Design
- Beth Shepherd
- Seaholly Florals
- Swags & Tails
- Dough Bros
- Hayley Nolan Photography
- Coastal Silver
- The Little Tea Pot
- Grimsby Town Football Club
- Riverhead Coffee
- Blaze Youth Music Theatre
- Red Security & Hardware
Jordan Brompton, co-founder and CMO of myenergi, commented: “At myenergi, we’re committed to making the world a better place by helping homeowners to embrace a better future and reduce their reliance on fossil fuels.
“While it might seem like just another competition, our ‘12 days of Giveaways’ initiative carries an important message. We want to highlight the environmental and economic benefits of shopping locally, while celebrating some of the most exciting local businesses right here on our Lincolnshire doorstep.
“Head over to our social media channels between 1-12 December to be in with a chance of winning. There’s a whole host of goodies up for grabs that could make the perfect present for you, a family member or friend.”
Nicole Swaby from myenergi’s marketing team, who has organised this year’s giveaway event, was naturally blissful when she was given the task to go on a shopping spree and become Mrs Clause for the weeks ahead.
“Getting out and about into the local community, being able to see, smell and feel Christmas and have real interactions with local business owners and find totally unique presents you just couldn’t find online really helps you get into the Christmas spirit! Presents bought locally feel more special, opposed to staring at a screen, scrolling through the internet and adding merely a picture into a digital basket. Where’s the fun in that? It should be about experiencing real life and real people!”
To find out more about myenergi and explore the company’s range of eco-smart home energy technologies, visit www.myenergi.com.
View the 12 Days of Giveaways full Terms and Conditions here.
Overviews of each local business:
- Daniella Draper – Multi-award winning British jewellery designer Daniella Draper graduated with a degree in Jewellery Design from Central St. Martins in 2009 and returned to her home roots of Lincolnshire to start her business. Inspired by nature, history, travel & romance, Daniella makes high quality pieces to stand the test of time, creating future heirlooms for now and generations to come.
An independent family-run business with seven standalone stores in the UK, including Cleethorpes, Lincoln, Beverley, Knutsford, Grimsby, Windermere and London. All pieces are handcrafted in England using 100% recycled silver or gold, and ethically sourced gemstones. The luxury jewellery brand has been certified by Positive Luxury as a brand to trust “meeting the highest standards of verified innovation and environment performance.”
This year Daniella is offering the chance to win a unique silver mini bolt necklace and silver mini bolt bangle too.
Facebook: Daniella Draper Jewellery
- Docks Beers – Docks Beers is a 25-hectolitre craft beer brewery based in a converted church in Grimsby, just a stone’s throw from the town’s historic docks. Inspired by the fortitude and hard work of dockers past and present, the company tries to bring these characteristics to every pint produced. The town and its docks continue to influence the story of its beers, and the company always brews with Grimsby’s heritage and future at heart.
The team at Docks beers are offering the chance to win a ‘Docks’ t-shirt as well as a Docks Lumper Bundle.
Facebook: Docks Beers
- Nuf’s Kitchen – Nuf’s Kitchen is a meal prep business; based in Cleethorpes, but delivering nationwide. The company specialises in making nutrition stress-free and easy by preparing healthy and tasty meals to suit each individual’s needs. The company currently also provides for businesses, events and offshore companies. Eating clean and having time to prep isn’t easy. Nuf’s Kitchen’s aim is to make clean eating easier, leading to a healthier lifestyle.
The company’s Online Coaching provides you with a tailor-made training and nutritional plan, including a variety of workouts – from resistance training to cardio and active rest sessions to suit each induvial goal. Weekly check ins, 24/7 support and guidance 6 days a week & 10% OFF all meals/products bought here at Nufs Kitchen. 70% diet 30% training… at Nuf’s Kitchen they provide you with both!
Nuf’s kitchen will be offering a 4 week tailored meal plan as part of the giveaway.
Facebook: Nuf’s Kitchen
- Sugar So Sweet – Lincolnshire-based Sugar So Sweet offers pick ‘n’ mix bundles for all events and occasions. Whether bespoke mixes to cure your cravings, or a seasonal selection of sweets, there really is something for everyone.
Sugar So Sweet will be offering a voucher for £30 of sweets to help you stock up on those Christmas supplies!
Facebook: Sugar so Sweet
- Forw4rd – A small independent forward thinking store selling the finest clothing, footwear, accessories and skate goods. Established in 2004, Forw4rd is located in Cleethorpes.
As well as its own line of clothing, Forw4rd stock the brands the team grew up admiring, as well as new labels who share its ethos.
Forw4rd will be offering a voucher of £50 to spend instore or online.
- Ebb + Flo – Water is where everything began for Ebb + Flo Living. A new start. A new path. A new balance after years of struggling to find one. Water has always been a constant in the team’s life and formed the very foundations of Ebb + Flo itself – even the name.
The company’s SUP experiences are renowned, the very first in the area, with each session led by an expert instructor both in Cleethorpes and Alexandra Dock – where the enclosed body of water makes it easier and safer to learn – to help you find solace and sanctuary in the majesty of the sea.
But to founders Toni and Vince, it’s so much more than just water sports. For them, the water is a place to truly switch off. There is nothing like that feeling of escaping the never-ending beeping of phones, and instead experiencing the feeling of salt on your skin and the movement of the waves.
Connect to nature, see how your physical and mental health reacts to the environment and start your journey into paddle boarding with these eco-conscious pros.
The gift voucher up for grabs in the Christmas giveaway is for a SUP lesson for two. And, with a two-year expiry date, no matter which season you fancy taking to the water in, you can do so at your own leisure.
Facebook: EBB & FLO
- Pin Gin – Bottomley Distillers are a family-born distillery founded by Alan Bottomley and Amy Conyard in Louth, Lincolnshire. The company is the award-winning producer of Pin Gin and Rum Cat, as well as other white label brands. Passionate about sustainability, the team engrain this into every element of their production, packaging and process. Bottomley Distillery has kindly donated one bottle of Dry Gin and one bottle of Spiced Gin.
Facebook: Pin Gin
- OH MY! – OH MY is a fun salon filled with joy. The company’s aim is the give its clients not just amazing treatments, but an experience to go along with it. The company offers lots of treatments such as nails, lashes, facials, holistic therapy, permanent makeup and makeup from four resident makeup artists. So, groups of friends can get ready together!
Jade and the team at OH MY! are offering the chance to win a £50 voucher for any treatment.
Facebook: Oh My Salon
- Fran Young – Fran Young is a local award-winning artist and illustrator, based in Cleethorpes. Inspired by Paul Theroux and his 1983 book “The Kingdom by the Sea”
Fran designs, bespoke local focused pieces, painting every aspect of the towns of Cleethorpes and Grimsby.
Fran has provided a print called ‘shop local’, which celebrates some of her favourite independent businesses in the area, for the winner.
Facebook: Francesca Young Art
Hobo & Co – Inspired by a free-spirited love for travelling the world with fragrances evoking memories of special places, all Hobo & Co products are hand poured in-house in rural Lincolnshire. Hobo & Co candles are hand crafted in small batches using only the finest quality 100% natural soy wax infused with blends of premium fragrance and/or pure essential oils. The company’s vegan-friendly range of home fragrance products are simple and classic in design to complement any space, making it feel happy, cosy and relaxed.
For the giveaway, Hobo & Co has provided a scented candle and reed diffuser in its festive ‘Spiced Orange’ scent.
Facebook: Hobo + Co
- De Lovely – De-lovely Beauty & Holistic Therapies is based in the picturesque village of Scartho Grimsby. At De-lovely, the company’s philosophy is to meet with realistic results to improve mind, body & soul. Using only the best quality products, the team aims to provide the highest standards, set in a beautiful environment. The treatments provided can dramatically improve skin conditions and ease away aches and pains, leaving you totally de-stressed and energized.
The giveaway will include a voucher for any treatment of £100 at De Lovely.
- Holidays by Design – Holidays by Design is an independent travel agency based in the heart of Cleethorpes in Lincolnshire, here to make your next holiday truly unforgettable. The company’s ethos is a simple one – finding customers the right holiday at the right price. The team are dedicated to delivering an unrivalled customer experience, from beginning to end.
Up for grabs in the giveaway is a £200 voucher to use on a holiday with Holidays by Design.
Facebook: Holidays By Design Cleethorpes
- Beth Shepherd – Beth Shepherd Studio is a company based in Lincolnshire that makes unique children’s wear using British made fabrics and printers. Beth is partnered with Alex Bloomer Illustration and together they create unique prints for her brand. They also offer sewing classes and workshops to the local community.
The giveaway will see one lucky winner receive a voucher of £50 to spend on any of Beth’s bespoke range.
Facebook: Beth Shepherd
- Seaholly Florals – Abigail at Seaholly Florals creates beautiful bespoke flowers for all occasions. Chief floral designer, floor sweeper and bucket cleaner, Abigail manages every aspect, stocking her designs in local businesses, as well as attending local markets and providing floral subscription services also.
One lucky winner in the giveaway will win a six-month mini flower subscription from Seaholly Florals.
Facebook: Seaholly Floral Design
- Abode – Now in its tenth year of trading, Abode continues to offer a beautiful selection of furniture, home interiors and gifts. The company’s boutique sits on the oldest street in Cleethorpes and its ethos is to offer great value and excellent customer service so customers can shop with absolute confidence.
Abode has provided a voucher to spend instore for the value of £50.
- Swags & Tails – Swags & Tails offers a wide range of gifts and home accessories for all ages. Based in Waltham, Grimsby, the company offers baby and christening gifts, Pilgrim & Hultquist jewellery, Yankee candles and much more.
Swags & Tails have provided a voucher to spend instore for the value of £50.
Facebook: Swags & Tails Est. 1989
- Dough Bros – Dough Bros is a local New York style pizza place that offers 20-inch pizzas by the slice… so you can drop in and be eating a slice of pizza pretty damn quickly! Recently opening its eat-in facility in Cleethorpes, the company has plenty of seating and run a counter service, a bit like a Five Guys, so you order at the bar and find a seat. Now serving alcoholic beverages and a carpeted stage area for live music, customers can enjoy a chilled night out at Dough Bros. Its new site has been designed to save on costs and uses recycled materials; giving the place a great look and feel.
The giveaway winner will receive a voucher of £30 to spend on a meal at Dough Bros.
Facebook: Dough Bros Cleethorpes
- Hayley Nolan photography – Local photographer Hayley Nolan is the perfect choice for capturing life’s special moments. whether it’s a new-born baby, a wedding, a significant event, or even some poochie poses, Lincolnshire based Hayley provides an unforgettable photography experience.
Hayley has provided a one-hour photoshoot experience with 10 digital photos worth more than £100.
Facebook: Hayley Nolan Photography
- Coastal Silver – Coastal Silver is a family-run business set in Cleethorpes. Run by mum Andrea, her husband John, son Jack, daughter Emily and Flossy the Jack Russel, the company offers bespoke jewellery and memory pieces as well as delivering fun silversmithing workshops too.
The winner of this giveaway will win a silversmith stacker band workshop for them and three friends.
Facebook: Coastal Silver
- The Little Tea Pot – The Little Teapot is a family run business in the heart of Laceby Village. Owner Ellis has turned her passion for baking into reality, with a cosy little cafe that offers a wide range of food and drink – including a bespoke afternoon tea service that would make the perfect Christmas present to spend time with loved ones. One lucky winner will receive a voucher for afternoon tea at The Little Teapot.
Facebook: The Little Teapot
- Grimsby Town Football Club – Grimsby Town is a professional football club based in Cleethorpes. Nicknamed ‘The Mariners’, the club was founded in 1878 and has been in its home at Blundell Park since 1898.
Up for grabs from GTFC is 4x executive tickets to a Grimsby Town match in 2022, as well as a signed shirt from the club.
Facebook: Grimsby Town football club
- Riverhead Coffee – Riverhead Coffee is a multi-award-winning independent coffee shop with a relaxed friendly feel based in Grimsby and Cleethorpes, specialising in Organic Fairtrade coffee, loose leaf tea and homemade treats. Riverhead has provided a £30 voucher for the giveaway.
Facebook: Riverhead Coffee
- Cineshow – Immersion cinema is one of the fastest-growing mediums in entertainment and it’s the mission of CineShow to literally bring the movies to you. Combining movies with theatre to create truly interactive ‘one of a kind’ events. Fancy a swim with Jaws? or a boogie with Johnny and Baby? The possibilities are endless… but the team won’t be giving up all their secrets just yet!
CineShow events will take you a step closer to your favourite movies and shows, providing unique memories along the way that will last a lifetime. Get involved and become part of a movie classic or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the show. Win 4 tickets to the next Cineshow at Grimsby Minster as part of the giveaway.
- Blaze Youth Music Theatre – Blaze is a youth music theatre company in North-East Lincolnshire, established in 2013 for young people aged 5+. Meeting weekly for rehearsals, they are constantly working for the next performance in which they aim to achieve the highest standards possible. Blaze are offering the chance to win a 4-week taster pack along with a Blaze hoodie.
Facebook: Blaze Youth Music Theatre
- Red Security & Hardware – A multi-department store, operating alongside sister brand King Edward Street Bathrooms, Red Security & Hardware specialises in home decor such as decorative ironmongery (door handles, letter boxes, knockers) as well as commercial sector ironmongery supplying maintenance companies and house builders. Red is currently undergoing a revamp, with the aim in becoming a home centre – the ‘go to’ store for all things home security including CCTV, safes and security systems, as well as decorative. Red will be offering home security devices as part of the giveaway.
Facebook: Red: Security & Hardware