Zappi v2 has now been approved by OLEV under the Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS).
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a voucher-based scheme that provides support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle chargepoints.
This guidance is aimed at all users of the scheme:
- applicants – businesses, charities and public sector organisations
- electric vehicle chargepoint installers
- manufacturers of electric vehicle chargepoint equipment
The contribution is limited to the 75% of purchase and installation costs, up to a maximum of £500 for each socket, up to a
maximum of 20 across all sites for each business.
Full details of the scheme are available on the OLEV website at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/workplace-charging-scheme-guidance-for-applicants-installers-and-manufacturers
Qualifying for Workplace Charging Scheme
WCS is available to any business, charity or public authority, however, there are few conditions which need to be met:
- The charge points are only for use by your staff or fleet vehicles, not for customer use
- You must have sufficient off-street parking and the parking facilities must be clearly associated with your premises
- You do not need to have electric vehicles as part of your existing fleet, but you will need to show how you intend to encourage the uptake of electric vehicles.
- You must have the charging station installed by an OLEV-approved workplace charging station installer.
How to obtain a WCS voucher
To claim a Workplace Charging Scheme voucher you need to complete an online application form
If your application is approved you will be sent an email with a voucher code. Pass this code onto your OLEV approved installer so that they can claim the grant once the installation is complete.
The voucher is valid for 120 days from the date of issue so it is a good idea to talk to your installer before completing the application
Other important information
When OLEV provide the Workplace Charging Scheme voucher they expect to receive data about the use of the charge points that are installed. We look after providing these reports to OLEV for you and for each chargepoint will provide them with details of
- when an EV was plugged in and unplugeed
- when the EV was charged
- how much energy was supplied to the vehicle
Apart from identifying which charge point was used, this information is completely anonymous.
So we can meet our obligations to OLEV it is important that the installer follows these instructions…
Important information for installers…
When you complete the Workplace Charging Scheme approved installation it is essential that you do the following.
- Make sure all the Zappi chargepoints are paired with the hub and that the hub has an internet connection (Server LED is blue)
- Make sure that the clock on the Zappi is set correctly to “Update from Cloud”
- Check the Zappi firmware is at least version 2.128
- Complete the myenergi site registration form Myenergi Workplace Charge Scheme – Site Registration Form and send this along with a photo of the installation to email@example.com. We will register the site on our system and send you an acknowledgement. Note – you will still need to register the installation with OLEV to claim your grant.