(18/11/2019 and 25/11/2019)
This firmware update includes a number of improvements based on feedback received from people who have been using the new zappi since it was released in July. These notes provide details of the new functionality provided as well as the bug fixes and other enhancements.
Instructions on how to update the firmware on your zappi and other myenergi devices can be found -> here <-
zappi 2 – Firmware Version 2.130/2.139 New functionality
The zappi 2 – Firmware Version 2.130/2.139 applies to Zappis that are part of a three phase installation (it does not matter if the Zappi is a three phase or single phase version provided that the three phase Grid CT’s are installed – either directly connected or via a Harvi). The neutral current is calculated from the three line currents measured by the Grid CT’s and if it exceeds the limit set in the Zappi the output trips. This is a requirement in some countries – eg in Germany, there is a limit of 20A on the neutral at the supply to the property.
The neutral limit is set under the Supply Grid menu (Default is “Neutral Limit: OFF”)
Supply Import Limit (Grid Limit) – Grid CT Failsafe “G100 Protection”
To meet the requirements being set by some Distribution Network Operators for “Supply Limitation Schemes”, a new feature has been introduced to detect if there is a problem with the Grid CT measurement. Each wired Grid CT has an extra setting, that when activated, enables the additional protection of Grid Limit function. When enabled, if the Grid CT is disconnected then, after 5s, Zappi shuts down the charge.
Recovery occurs when a signal is detected again on the CT. A warning flag is displayed next to the grid tower, to indicate that there is a problem with the Grid CT.
Note: Although the Grid Limit will work if the Grid CT is connected to a Harvi, we would recommend that the Grid CT’s are wired directly to the Zappi if the Grid Limit is set. The new G100 Failsafe only works on wired CT’s
The Grid CT Failsafe feature is enabled under the CT Config menu for the Grid CT by turning the “G100” entry to “ON”
Note that the DNO’s sometimes ask for “Customer load management schemes to follow the principles of Standard Technique: SD1E (ENA ER G100)” This new feature meets these requirements provided that the Grid CT is hardwired back to the Zappi.
New PIN Lock Setting – Protect Menus
A new PIN Lock setting has been introduced which allows unrestricted use of the Zappi but which protects any settings that have been entered.
This is in addition to the normal PIN Lock settings which prevent unauthorised use of the Zappi and/or unplugging of the charge cable and the code that protects the Advanced Settings menus.
To allow the EV to charge even when the Zappi is locked set “Charge: ON” on the “Lock Function” menu.
– Pilot Debug (Readings page5) to record ANY Pilot Errors, including state F
– Phase Active displayed on Readings page 2
– Multi Phase Load Current displayed on Readings page 1
– Allow EV’s to charge without being unplugged when Zappi reboots
– Changes to pilot voltage measurement to prevent spurious “Pilot Problem!” messages
– MIN and MAX CP readings also to be recorded in Readings page 5
– Delay LED colour change rate when charging to prevent rapid colour changes with transient PV / Grid power change
– Under/Over voltage are not checked if L2 and L3 are not connected on a 3ph Zappi
– Prevents “Contactor Fault!” when switching from 1 phase to 3 phase as some EV’s may have a voltage on L2 even when charging on L1 only!
– RCD Trip information included in the Event Logs display
– eSense : “Boosting” is printed at centre of the screen when active
– Beta support of single phase charging only using L2 or L3
– Minimum Green Level (MGL) calculation for multi phase systems improved
– Supply Grid “Net Phase” is not set as default in 3ph units
– Manual Boost from the app correctly sets target energy to match the app display and target
– Lock Test: allows test of the lock solenoid when no EV cable is plugged. Setting available in the “Lock Function” menu.
– Power Factor readings are now averaged over a second. Improves reading stability and avoid sudden changes of “min PWM” from 10% to 12% when charging at minimum rate
– Dutch & German languages could cause Zappi to crash, as the string (translated) were too long (> 21 characters).
– String length checks have been added to avoid this.
– Fixed “Force Output” functionality
– Smiling House display was only taking power readings on phase 1
– Default CT Config for 3ph units : GRID for all 3 CTs
– Zappi can now recover from Installation Limit in ECO+ mode
– Three phase Zappi was not switching to 3 phase charging when a Manual Boost was triggered from the App
– All boost commands work in the same way whether set locally or via the app
– Cancel Boost from the app was not cancelling a Manual Boost
– eSense : ECO+ was stopping the charge when eSense was active
– Updated Min/Max protocol value to take into account the number of active phases
– Smart Boost statuses and flags are now properly reset when a Smart Boost energy target has been reached.
The following known issues remain to be fixed:
– 3 phase zappi, built in CT’s not interpreted correctly in the app, resulting in a third of the power being reported
– 3 phase zappi, CT’s hardwired to zappi not shown correctly in app
– Tesla Model 3 – does not correctly work in ECO+. This will required a firmware update from Tesla